Clear Conveyancing

First Home Buyers

If you are purchasing your first home you could be eligible for the Federal Governments First Home Owners Grant.
The Grant is not means-tested, so you can apply regardless of your income.
As legislation changes, we will advise as to whether you are eligible and what limits apply to purchasing.

You will need to be:

  • A couple or individual buying or building your first home;
  • An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
  • Entering into a binding contract to buy or build a new home after 1 July 2000;
  • Houses, townhouses, flats and units all qualify for the Grant;
  • You must apply within 12 months of settlement on an established home or 12 months of your home being built. You must also move into the home within 12 months of Completion of the contract for at least 6 months continuously;
  • To receive the Grant you will need a signed and dated contract of sale and a fully executed transfer of land document, or, if you are building, a signed and dated building contract and certificate of occupancy buildings insurance policy;
  • Your State government is responsible for administering the Grant. Forms are available from State Revenue Offices. They can be contacted on: NSW 1300 130 624;
  • Check out for a full eligibility checklist.